View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quit September 16, 2010 cold turkey after a 7 year habit.

The first 14-20 days were pretty tough. I didn't see/feel any improvement and going back would have been so easy. I was agitated most of the day, and I simply didn't feel like doing anything. I had become so accustomed to having a smoke before doing ANYTHING that I found without it I just didn't want to get up and do anything.

After I got through the first few weeks, the cravings subsided. I was also able to start doing the things I loved without having to spark. I also started to notice a few benefits. I started breathing better, and the constant coughing when I stepped into the cold went away. My energy levels were more sustained throughout the day. The most noticeable benefit, however, was that big number in my bank account. I have a lot of extra money that I don't know what to do with. That is just an awesome feeling considering how tight money had always been.

In early September, I couldn't go 3 hours without having a smoke. I have now gone almost 5 months without. I started losing the constant cravings sometime in November. I don't even think about it unless it is right in front of me (tv/people on the street). Never having to worry about having something in the house to light up at all times is like a weight off of my shoulders.

Great thread, and I hope it helps a lot of other people get to where I am at...then beyond to where some of the other posters are at. 17 years smoke free? Fantastic! Good luck to all of you. I'm not going to lie to you and say that it is easy. The only thing I can say, is that it is so worth it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote