View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #24
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NRT has never been the best way to quit from everything I read prior to myself quitting. Something about dragging on the withdrawal symptoms which makes a ton of sense. Quitting cold turkey and just getting the nicotine out of your system is key. From there it's mostly dealing with the habit. I had my last cigarette the day after thanksgiving this year. Used Champix. I was initialy worried about coming off the Champix as I thought that would be when I was most likely to relapse and although things did get a bit harder after I stopped taking it, I am feeling much better these days.

Although I don't consider myself completley out of the woods yet, I would have to say I'm pretty impressed that I managed to make it. And I can assure anyone of this.....if I can make it this far ANYONE can. I LOVED smoking. I didn't even really want to quit, I did becuase my g/f did and I didn't want to be the only in the relationship smoking. I know I will miss it but gettting to the point that I'm feeling pretty happy about doing this.

Best of luck to anyone thinking of going down this path. It aint an easy one but one that anyone can walk. I truly do recommed the Champix though. It may not be for all, I think I was likely best case scenario because other than some very light insomnia for the first couple of weeks, I experienced no side effects.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote