View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 04:16 PM   #339
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
My understanding that in the long run you child will be better off for having played more cross/half ice hockey.

It always pained me to watch kids play full ice and struggle getting up and down the ice.

In my town, the Dynamite kids are half ice. In Novice it is full ice, but rumors exist that this will change.

I agree that half ice is likely better for kids of this age for their development. Some kids are ready for full and some aren't and it should be about the fun first of all.

My real beef with what is happening is that the change is being made after the season has already started and not even any consistency with NB. Our district is making this change yet I can't find anywhere else in NB that is doing it now.

The coaches told the kids what was happening after practice tonight and there were some pretty long faces. Parents, coaches everyone has been telling them up until tonight work hard games start Nov 15th today they had the rug pulled from under them. No games until After Dec 15th and they will only be half ice. That's not fair in my opinion.

If hockey canada wants half ice for novice go for it. As someone else said be a leader and implement it across the country but start now and set it up for fall 2016. Every one knows it's coming and away you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote