View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #22
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Interesting. That means (on my street anyway) that many vehicles cannot legally park at all on the street as the distances between driveways is small enough that you would have trouble leaving 1.5m in front and behind the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Yeah, I'm having trouble with this one. How big is the average lot? Take 1.5m away from my driveway, I'm back near the neighbour's driveway, and can't park there as I would be encroaching on the 1.5 m rule. I am in a place with zero lot lines.

this seems to all but - in theory - eliminate street parking in a lot of areas.
Yes gents, that's right.

Here's a screenshot from Google Maps' satellite view of a random street in Hidden Valley, upon which I marked areas where one cannot park in red:

It's most of the street. Of the 50 or so properties in view there are only about a couple dozen on-street spaces, and obviously most of that is along the south side of Hidden Valley Ranch Crescent.

It's by design, frankly. Lots of people love suburban homes with attached garages and a driveway, and don't want people parking on the street. They think it makes the area look "cheap".

You should check out some of the 'burbs in the US with privately-owned roads and strong HOAs. Massively wide streets, no sidewalks, no parking. It's eerie.

Last edited by timun; 09-09-2020 at 04:44 PM.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote