View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 07:52 AM   #11
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Odd this year that the FA rumors are only swirling around NY, and the two LA teams. Every other team (aside from Kawhi/TOR) are just completely non-existent. I'm obviously not a fan of the NBA free-agent superteam signings.
There are other rumours out there, like Kemba to Boston, but the major chatter is on Brooklyn, Knicks, Clippers and Lakers. This is the media effect. What are the big markets? Which teams are chasing, and therefore trying to use the media to manipulate?

This is also why it's hard to get a read on Leonard. Kawhi doesn't leak, Raptors don't leak. Everything you hear is either Woj pushing the Clippers narrative, Stephen A Smith pushing the Lakers, etc. Teams chasing using their media source, leaking tidbits to stoke the fire.

I don't see Kawhi being a 3&D, 3rd option on the Lakers. I think that is a smokescreen for when they go out and get a few players into cap space, to show they tried for Leonard, but wouldn't go 3rd max if not him.
Clippers are only an option IMO if they land another max player, like Butler or Durant.
I think these other teams are all leverage so Kawhi can get his exact terms out of Toronto, likely a 1+1. Get to the 10 years served, sign a mega deal and that next deal is injury insurance
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Imported_Aussie For This Useful Post: