View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 11:14 PM   #265
Something_Special
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I would argue the 2nd line isn't the greatest, either. Looks better when they spilt up McDrai, but we all know sooner or later they are almost always put them back together. So I consider them line 1. The problem is that their bottom 9 isn't great, and they have no cap space. So not sure how you improve it without sending high draft picks along in a trade with a salary dump.

They have two studs. A great PP (because of the two studs). They've also had a very favorable schedule so far (and play the next 6 of 7 at home).

The Oilers need the two studs to keep producing and outscoring their issues all season and into the playoffs........and more importantly, stay healthy. Need the PP to stay hot. Hope like hell one of their mediocre goalies goes on a huge hot streak. Need to keep winning games they get outplayed in.

All of that could happen. But I wouldn't bet a case of beer on it.
I agree about the 2nd line. The Oilers need another top 6 forward who plays well at evens to replace a Yammamoto. Him and Hopkins kill too many plays and Draisaitl ends up trying to do it all. Idiot coach never seems to change that 2nd line up though. I think he did in the third tonight. I don't like those 2 players with Draisaitl. Not strong enough.

You can't outscore problems. I agree. Holland has to forget we have 97/29 and build a team that would be 0.500 without them at least. That is only when they will actually be a "Contender"

It is actually infuriating for me personally. All I look at every game is how they were 5 on 5. I will excuse tonight b/c of our dmen all out, but it needs to improve. Do not like the structure at all

Last edited by Something_Special; 12-01-2021 at 11:17 PM.
Something_Special is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Something_Special For This Useful Post: