View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 06:04 PM   #496
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
The UK has relied on cheap migrant labour since 1948 when they first started shipping in West Indians to keep the health service and transport sector running, people voted for Brexit because they were told the millions of East Europeans that were in the UK were scrounging welfare cheats living off their taxes, turns out they weren't, like all migrants they were incredibly hard working productive members of society that kept the lower level jobs running, they were the ones picking the crops, driving the trucks, stocking the shelves, pretty much keeping the country running, now the country doesnt run properly, if I didnt have friends and family over there I am worried about (and I mean really worried, the country is falling apart) I would laugh at the ignorant numpties and consider this all well deserved.
I thought the just solution to labour shortages caused by the pandemic (or any other reason, really) is to pay people more. That’s certainly a widely held opinion here when it comes to workers not going back to work in restaurants, etc.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post: