View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #17
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
I don't blame Bo for that (even though he forced it into coverage for the INT late in that game when they still had a chance to tie it with a FG). I blame Kamar Jorden who fumbled it at the 6 yard line. It was 24-16 at the time. He doesn't fumble there and likely either Messam plunges it or they get a FG and have a two score lead with 4:30 left in the 4th in weather conditions that Toronto had issues moving the ball in.

That all said, it's easy to say he should have had 3 cups in 4 appearances, but I would ask the question of whether the 2018 Grey Cup happens had they won in 2017? A lot of players returned in 2018 with 'unfinished business' who might have had better opportunities to sign elsewhere had they won the cup in 2017. Also we've seen it time and time again where teams lack the focus to repeat after winning a championship. Heck do they even go to the Grey Cup game in 2017 had they beat Ottawa in 2016? Speaking of that game I blame Dave Dickenson's love of the QB sweep on short yardage plays that unnecessarily risks the QB being tackled behind the line when you have the leagues best Offensive line, Running back and the Canadian game gives you a full yard at the line of scrimmage for that loss. Should have won 37-33 with 15 seconds left)
That call still bugs me so much, the Stamps started rolling and Dave calls some dumb sweep play and kick the field goal. We should have won that game.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post: