View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #37
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Me? For 6 M I would expect elite, not average. Cam Talbot is above average and considerably cheaper

You have cherry picked John Gibson’s last 2 years where Anaheim was a terrible team, btw. And included Markstrom’s 2 best seasons (relative to league average)

Teams like Chicago and Detroit won cups with guys like Crawford and Osgood and Pittsburgh with a variety because they understood that winning has more to do with the team in front of the goalie

This team shouldn’t have spent that money on this goalie IMO but it’s done, so no point belabouring it much more
Cherry picked? I took the last four years. Every goaltender has things go well for them and poorly for them. Some have great seasons, some have bad ones. I went back four years because it’s the only stretch Markstrom has been a starter for, it wasn’t cherry picked to make one guy look better than the other, it’s just the last four years.

You may want to pay $6M for an elite goaltender, but that’s not what they sell for, so it really doesn’t matter what you expect from those dollars.

Talbot is above average? Dude has one season where he was notably better than Markstrom in the last four years. 1 season where they were similar, and 2 worse. And he also can’t handle the same workload. Who cares about Cam Talbot?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote