View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #35
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Over the last four years Markstrom had played the 4th most games of any goaltender. He’s one of six guys who have played more than 200 games and sits about even with John Gibson and Freddy Andersen in both SV% and GAA (little bit better than both in GAA, 0.02% worse than Gibson in SV).

4/6 make more than Markstrom, 1 makes less (Andersen). He’s paid the way he’s paid because he’s consistent and gives you a chance to win playing a ton of games. I’m not sure what people expect for $6M. Markstrom is worth the money and does his job.

Me? For 6 M I would expect elite, not average. Cam Talbot is above average and considerably cheaper

You have cherry picked John Gibson’s last 2 years where Anaheim was a terrible team, btw. And included Markstrom’s 2 best seasons (relative to league average)

Teams like Chicago and Detroit won cups with guys like Crawford and Osgood and Pittsburgh with a variety because they understood that winning has more to do with the team in front of the goalie

This team shouldn’t have spent that money on this goalie IMO but it’s done, so no point belabouring it much more
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote