View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #66
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The obvious solution is to put an entertaining product on the ice. Lets be honest, last night was an exciting game but there wasn't an exciting game featuring Canada or the USA outside of it. Including their first meeting.
Won't argue that. And I didn't see any of the other game but a game say between Finland and Russia - or any of the the other teams, how competitive are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Allow hitting and take away cages. That's one way to up the entertainment factor. I honestly couldn't tell you what most of the popular females look like outside of their cage and that's bad for marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I agree hitting should be in.

Cages, meh, I don't really care about that.

But women's hockey should have the exact same rules as men's hockey.

I guarantee there would be some excellent hits made.
I don't understand the cages, those should be optional. As someone who had a daughter play and coached female hockey (community league) I didn't understand the no hitting part at first but have become okay with it. Honestly I'd be fine either way. UCB, I know your daughter plays too so you've seen both sides, I respect your opinion. If anyone has a chance to watch the WNT play the boys MU18 teams (AAA) as they prep for the Olympics you can really see the difference between the men's game and women's game. Sure the boys are at a bit of a disadvantage because they cannot hit but I will tell you for a fact the women are vey physical and nasty as f>ck when they play. Just no body checks.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote