View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #352
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Come on 3rd priority?

Hes been treated like crap by madrid the last few years, and yet when they had to play him earlier this year he was one of their best players, even spanish media said so

It was a Welsh fans flag that one of the players grabbed and brought to the rest of the team
Yeah. Look, I'm not ragging on the guy other than at his 'surprise' that the fans were pissed. Its not like he came out and said or did anything to dissuade them. And why would he? Turnabout is fair play.

In this particular instance I dont blame him either. Madrid have treated him like crap and are unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on whether you give half a crap about Real, which I do not) the party obligated to pay him.

That being said though, hes an oft-injured 30 year-old on a huge pay packet, who was won everything hes likely to, and while he'll always be a Welsh hero, Golf is going to start creeping up on that list....I really dont think considering whatever club team he goes to to be his 3rd priority to be that much of a stretch.

Right now Gareth Bale is George Costanza working at Play Now.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote