View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #1574
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
I love Friday Night Tykes and feel as though the main coaches have changed. But this season showed more of the parents and how stupid they can be. My issue with the last episode was the kid saying that his head hurt after some big hits and then the coaches still put him back in.
Tyfa is still not signed on to USA Footballs heads up initiative, so frankly I really hate how the coaches are teaching tackling when they show it. I think that the relationship between Fred and Maurice was so toxic and unprofessional. I don't know if they even require certification for their coaches in Tyfa. There are some good coaches in that league, but I noticed that this season they pretty much pulled the plug on that one husband and wife team that were running the Bronco's when the Tyfa guy called then whiners.

Overall, I really hate how these coaches deal with injuries with 12 year old kids, there's only so much that you can tell a kid to rub some dirt on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
fAs for Last Chance U. I found myself not really feeling for kids who got the world given to them and are even getting a second chance and choosing not to run with it. Side note on that, did anyone else get the impression that the Adviser was more than just an Adviser to some of those guys??
I think though that's part of the charm of the series. These kids are pretty unsympathetic as a whole. I guess the only one that I do kind of relate to is Wyatt who took the number one QB job and won't give it back. He even has the realization that he has to get serious about school because he's going nowhere in football.

I was commenting to my GF the other night about the Advisor, and even if she's not more then that to some guys. She's way too much of a fan of the football program and theses kids and she's really not getting any traction with them because of that. She's their buddy when she should be their advisor.

She did an interview where she said that Student Athletes should be allowed to get a degree in sports and the classes would be in terms of how to balance your check book and take care of your money etc. But lets be honest out of thousands of football players very few to none have a chance at making money from the sport, so a degree in Sports would be pretty useless.

She is kind of hot though.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote