View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #1567
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
No, she's exactly the type of thief Mencia was. You can try and gloss over it like "Buzzfeed" (a company known for plagiarism, btw. Not a shock they'd defend a content thief) did, but every routine she does has two or three bits lifted from other comedians.

It's not a coincidence anymore. It's not "thinking the same way." It is straight up lifting jokes.
Do you have any proof that she has stolen jokes in every "routine"? I've only seen five examples and Russic is right that three of them are in her TV show or movie where other writers are involved. Patrice didn't even write his joke.

Schumer gets heat for talking about sex too much. Seriously? Has a guy ever had that said about him from, other than from prudes? No one ever complained that Patrice talked about sex too much and it was a big part of his act.

She talks about being proud of her body because for her entire career she's had to hear comments like "She's funny. I'd have sex with her if she lost 20 pounds". It's was initially a reaction to not being respected purely as a comedian. I'm sure she's gained more fans because of it, so she's definitely played it up since, but can you blame her? You'd do the same if it made you millions.

I think she's a decent comedian and her show has had some very creative episodes, especially the Twelve Angry Men parody. I haven't seen any prominent comedian doing anything but defend her. I'm not going to say she deserves to be doing arena shows based purely on talent, but she definitely doesn't deserve to be lumped in to the same category with a hack like Mencia.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote