View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #1564
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Here's an article citing Amy Schumer stealing jokes. Sorry to beat the dead horse here, but I went looking for some actual examples and figured I'd share.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodwa...k53#.mjxDjRD3q

Based on what some of you guys were saying I was expecting it to be FAR worse. A lot of them are examples from movies and tv sketches that she shares writing credit for (I'm assuming she doesn't write everything), and even then some of those are a bit of a stretch. Every theme in comedy from "men are lazy" to "women are crazy" has some overlap from time to time. It's like being mad that a band uses a familiar hook in a song... it's impossible to totally avoid.
There are a number of obvious or old jokes that she unfairly takes heat for, the 'pay someone to slap food out of your mouth' bit also used on the Flintstones. The article does make it seem not so bad, but if you watch her bit and Patrice's bit side by side, it pretty obvious that she stole it. She's far from being a thief like Mencia was, but it's been a constant theme through her career.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote