View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #162
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Bump...looking for some decent over the ear (but not on the ear) headphones to use at work with my iPod. Budgeting around $150 max, and while I've seen reviews naming a few (Sony MDR 7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, Audio Technica ATH-M50S), the reviews are also a couple years so I want to make sure I didn't miss anything newer that might be better.

I read the last few pages of this thread but the prices tend to be higher than what I'm looking for right now. Any suggestions though? Thanks!
You really can't go wrong with the M50s. They're the best headphone of any type under $200, IMO.

Check out the reviews at head-fi. You would be hard-pressed to find another community as knowledgeable about headphones as this one, and the M50s are an all-time favorite over there: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-m50s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I have the audio technica m50's. My favorite by far, best headphones I've owned actually, but they need power.
My iPhone drives them perfectly fine at around 80% volume. At my desk I use a Fiio E7 for an extra boost (and it sounds great) but I would disagree that they "need power".

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MickMcGeough For This Useful Post: