View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #90
macker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have been relying on KEXP, NME Radio, www.wearehunted.com , CBC Radio 3, and Songza app where I try to listen to the blogged 50 list weekly while I work. I have always favored indie music but this year I tuned out to some degree. 2012 : Beach House, Youth Lagoon, Cloud Nothings, Dry the River, The Maccabees, Doomtree, Shearwater, First Aid Kit, Mystery Jets, Alt-J, Chromatics, Ellie Goulding, Freelance Whales, How to dress well, The Weeknd, Ben Howard. Lots of fools gold this year. I still listen to Chromatics and Alt-J all the time but the rest are fading fast. Looking forward to 2013!

Someone mentioned doom soul diva Cold Specks. Check out the podcast on KEXP from October 5, 2012. Not bad. Likely the KEXP podcast of the year is Alt-J live from November 16, 2012. They are Foster the People version 2012 which will abandoned in 2013 but for now sound great. All in all I am not even going to bother making a list and was going to buy an album today based on some lists out there but I can't even decide what to get. Anyone? What is the must hear album of 2012? I have heard Grimes so excluding her....
macker is offline   Reply With Quote