View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #175
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Okay...I want to make a 'life of the party' joke at your expense here but I'm going to let it slide because...you're not wrong.

While minor differences in costs like those shouldnt really make a huge difference, I think you nailed the spirit of the argument.

I'd rather watch a movie or a hockey game with my friends and family in comfort. The cost element is important as well, we all know that going to hockey games or movies has become an abhorrently expensive proposition lately.

But I think the real element is comfort.

I can watch a hockey game on my couch, with my friends drinking what I want with food that I want and not have to worry about fighting 20,000 other people to get home.

You lose the atmosphere. Thats a sacrifice. If it was a crucial game, the playoffs, etc then thats a harder call. But Flames vs. Blue Jackets in November? Thanks. I'll stay home.

I think an element of what Schank's had to offer was a substitute for that atmosphere. You're not at the game, but you might be watching it with a few dozen other people in the same environment.
Honestly though, it's really not a loss. The atmosphere is poor unless it's a playoff game. If there's one thing that Covid is about to prove to us, it's that attending these games is really just paying to be a part of the live studio audience.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote