View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:25 AM   #166
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac98 View Post
Or their priorities just change and their definition of ‘taking full advantage of their lives’ no longer includes drinking to hangover levels with 3 friends in a windlowless barn.

Much in the same way people in their mid 20’s stop going to the bars every weekend to party and drink until close as they once did, so too do priorities, interests, definition of enjoyment change for people in their 30’s.

It can be viewed as lame from others as you described, but that’s a typical response from someone at a different point in their life who believes their definition of a good time is the only route.
It's all about balance.

You can go for a few drinks once in a while, and still get full value from the rest of your life. People all over the world do it. Adult men going to a pub is common in just about every place of the world, that allows drinking, but Canada, and specifically Western Canada.

In Canada the attitude that "priorities change" and only someone at a "different point in their lives" can enjoy a moderate amount of drinks with friends is strangely pervasive.

It's simple social conservatism and puritanism in sheep's clothing. I couldn't possibly enjoy drinks with friends unless I had not taken care of other priorities or was at a point in my life where I didn't understand responsibility?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote