View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #429
lucky1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarez View Post
You are right, Air China wants to expand its Canadian operations, they are star alliance, Beijing based, so its a good fit.
Korean is the biggest trans pacific carrier, they have operated in Calgary in past I believe, they are looking to add routes to feed there networks. They also have a very favorable bilateral with Canada.
The big push will come from AC who does want to expand to more cities from Calgary over next few years.

Vancouver is also spending more than a billion dollars in upgrades, this is to keep them as NA's #1 Asian departure point. AC is currently working on getting certain cities approved for Vancouver to feed its Asian network (Washington/Boston) both were rejected by US regulators in past but have been re-applied for. I can get more info when I start working for CAA next month but already have pretty good idea whats going on; Authorities are small worlds.

seems its already started - new codeshare agreement between Air Canada and Air China - starting immediately can book into interior cities on mainland China via the AC website and vice versa on Air China -

'The carriers currently codeshare on flights operated from Vancouver and Toronto to and from Beijing and Shanghai. With the expanded codeshare agreement, Air Canada will place its code on Air China-operated flights to six new destinations in China, enabling Air Canada customers to conveniently access via Air China's Beijing hub: Guanghzou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Wuhan and Xi'An to the south and west of Beijing and Shenyang to the northwest.
Air China customers will in turn have convenient access from Air Canada's Vancouver hub, with Air China's code being placed on Air Canada-operated flights to six of Canada's major cities - Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal'
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky1 For This Useful Post: