View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #218
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
4th'ded

Hakkapeliitta's are ridiculously grippy tires. If it weren't for the cost, they would be the only winter tire I would recommend to my customers. Unfortunately they are out of the reach of a lot of people. Most guys with stupidly expensive cars will typically run them in the winter.

I personally run Pirelli snow sports simply because they are our house brand and I can usually pick up a cheap set of seconds or take offs every few years. However, I would rank Pirelli pretty darn close to to Nokian for grip and low road noise, and they are about 1/3 less in cost.

I really hope we go like Quebec and make snow tires mandatory. The grip on acceleration is one thing, but the stopping distance improvements is laughably better, and the thing that is going to prevent more accidents. However that will be very hard to explain to Chevy Z71 and Ram 3500 Cummins drivers with pissing calvin's and truck testicles that think that winter grip only applies to climbing their trucks over medians to avoid traffic jams or think bombing down the highway at 130 is safe because the haz a rad 4 by 4 !!!!1one!!
Quite a few trucks are running tires with snowflakes, and no one drives in 4x4 at 130, at least I shut mine off above 110.

I refuse to shell out another $1200-1500 for special winter tires when mine come winter rated. You would hardly need winter tires here if they'd sand the major roads in a timely fashion. We don't get near the amount of snow here compared to Quebec.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post: