View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #57
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Will this help my PS4 pro not sound like a 747 taking off?

Also, my game of the year is God of War. I finally started playing it and finished it. I take it I'm late to the party.
What do you have inside currently? If it's a HDD, it will probably help a little, but as others have alluded to, it seems like working on some heat dissipation upgrades is the path to follow. One of the things I also did was to put the PS4 on a mesh monitor stand to aid airflow and heat dissipation for the unit.

Not a pro, but I put a 2TB Firecuda in my fat PS4 and there was a noticeable difference to me in speed and fan noise as I assume the SSD portion helped to keep temp low and reduce the time the HDD is going full throttle. But I wouldn't say it sounds like a jet nor would I say it's dead quiet.

I've started seeing a options for 2TB SSDs going for sub $200 bucks though... I still think I'd go with the Firecuda as it's like half the price and from what I've read, the performance is relatively negligible. It also kinda sucks the Firecuda maxes out at 2TB models as the drive feels too small. At times I kinda want to upgrade to 4TB rather than having to delete stuff, but no way am I going to downgrade to an inferior speed hybrid or spend an arm or leg on a 4TB SSD.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote