View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 05:39 PM   #530
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend it like Bourgeois View Post
I don’t think they are disenchanted with him either. Sutter reacted to a silly question, as others have said.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he signed here again, with a nice fat AHL salary. Even if I don’t see him the way you do I’d agree he’s going to get a 2 way deal somewhere. Local kid. Good citizen working with the prospects.
And lots can happen between November and April.

For he and the team this is probably way less contentious than fans think. Teams don’t throw away picks. They invested in him and he knows it. He’s developed about as well as you can expect a guy his size to. I imagine both sides will be pretty rational.
Phillips is going to go where his best chance to make the NHL is and it’s currently very obvious this is not Calgary. This is probably more contentious than fans think, but on one side only (his, not the Flames) as he’s done everything he’s been asked for.

I think if the Flames want to re-sign him, they have about a month or two to call him up before he likely gets so disenchanted he likely looks elsewhere purposefully and with a strong desire to leave.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote