View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 07:00 PM   #216
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
NOW - tell me which attributes Gaudreau possesses that make him have a legendary career year under Sutter. And which attributes Phillips lacks that would prevent him from playing that style.
Gaudreau is a vastly superior skater, a better passer, has a better shot, thinks the game better, and plays the game at a higher tempo. Its why Gaudreau has played 621 games and has 627 points under his belt why Phillips has played one and is still in search of a real opportunity to stick in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
I don't think any one is expecting gaudreau . but you have an unnecessary hate on for the guy because of his stature that might be a bit beyond reason

hes on pace for 55 goals and near 100 points

you sure NONE of that translates at this level ?

if they give him a real shot I think you will be eating crow

sometimes a player is playing so well that they can't be denied, no matter all the things working against them .. that appears to be the case with Matthew Phillips right now
Yeah, check the OP. I started the thread and identified Phillips as the guy who deserves first call up. I don't hate the guy, I just know the challenge he is going to face and how hard it is for a player to jump between the leagues and it how unlikely a player is going to experience similar success at the next level. A player of Phillips stature is unlikely to sustain his minor league success in a league where every player is bigger, stronger, faster, and faster than the one he currently plays in. It is just such a big leap and the team would have to believe Phillips is a long term to give him such a shot.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote