View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #67
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
The production levels of the players drafted since 2018.

Outside of Coronato and Wolf the team hasn't hit on a single player that has star potential.

And especially in the last two drafts they have drafted for size and character.

Similar drafting attributes to the last time Sutter was in the Org, and those years led to a dearth of talent in the system.

Their system is ranked low for a reason.
Well you are moving the goal posts. Are you talking about the last 2 drafts or since 2018.

Their system is ranked low because of lack of picks including in the top 2 rounds.
The 2022 draft looks not good because they had no picks in the 1st, and only 3 overall. Really hard to offer any real judgement 3 months later from that.

For the 2021 draft, Coronato looks like a good 1st rounder. Stromgren didn't have a great D+1 season so I'll give you that. The middle rounds have some intrigue, lead by Jack Beck who had a major increase in his production YoY.

I just it's far too early to offer any judgements of the last 2 drafts.

Not sure if you are including 2020 but if you are I would say:
- Zary is tracking nicely despite some injuries
- Yuzentzov is developing along, including a lot of praise in the WJCs. Probably limited upside by high floor
- Poirier is the opposite. Unreal talent but needs to really develop his defense
- Then you have Kerins who has popped.

Again the problem has been lack of picks.

When people say that the last two drafts have been "incredibly bad" it seems like a very knee jerk opinion not based on much.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: