View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:17 AM   #63
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stromgren's production in his draft year was actually really good, and with his size and skill profile I see what the Flames liked.

Lots of fans were clamoring for Stankoven who looked like he had first round talent, so it stings but I don't think this was the case where the Flames took a big guy just because he was big. Stromgren looked big and skilled in that draft year, and he was playing where as Stankoven didn't play at all that season because of COVID.

I would have preferred Stankoven too, but I think this is where teams overthink it and could see why they wouldn't want to take another smaller forward after taking Coronato with the first round pick.

I also wouldn't be that worried about the production just yet. He's still very young for the SHL which is an older league now than it was ever been and it's not easy to crack a lineup as a guy who only just turned 19 in July (Stromgren was young for his draft year).

There are only about 20 guys that are 20 or under playing a full time role in the SHL this year so far. With the leading scorers having 4 points, and only 9 guys having a point at all.

So not a league he's going to put up huge numbers in.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: