View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #10
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I remember going to see Calgary Vipers games at Foothills as a kid and really enjoying them, but that stadium is terribly outdated by about 40 years at this point and there hasn't been any sort of pro team here in 10 years.

The Dawgs are interesting enough, but not only are they not a Calgary team, they're amateurs. Doesn't mean it's not good baseball, but I don't think it's nearly as interesting. Heck, we had a triple-A team up here for decades... could that ever happen again?

Forgive my seeming ignorance on this subject, I don't really know a lot about the history of baseball in the city. I've been reading some stuff about the Cannons lately and I'm just curious about if they might ever be back in some shape or form.
You think Foothills is a dump, you should have seen what the Calgary Expos played in. Still, I have some good memories of those games as a little one.

There are so many pro baseball leagues out there, some with a shortened season, but it does seem you need a nice little stadium to attract interest.
There are a whole lot of baseball players looking for work, that's for sure.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote