View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 11:26 AM   #717
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
So if I came out and released a new car you'd be cool with having no air bags or seat belts because I am new and haven't been around as long as Ford. You best compare my offering to the Model T. It's the only way to be fair to me as a new car manufacturer. Epic isn't competing against 2003 Steam it's competing against 2019 Steam. Why the hell should I as a customer want to go to a featureless platform that will cost me more money? Because Publisher X will get a bigger cut of the sale? #### that. I don't care what's in it for them.
Obviously not. I never said customers would be happy about, but in general consumers are entitled and only want the easiest possible solution. Waaah, I won't every TV show to be on Netflix. Waaah, I want every game to be available on Steam.

Your car analogy doesn't make sense, but ignoring everything wrong with that, you still have the option not to buy the car in the end. Just like you have the option not to buy games that only exist on Epic if you really hate their platform. Market forces will decide on whether Epic's or any other platform succeeds or not.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post: