View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #714
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Like how Steam forced people to use the Steam client in order to play Half Life 2? I have no problems if companies only want to sell on Epic to avoid the raping Steam gives them.

Steam was terrible at the start as well. Give Epic time to add in features.
So if I came out and released a new car you'd be cool with having no air bags or seat belts because I am new and haven't been around as long as Ford. You best compare my offering to the Model T. It's the only way to be fair to me as a new car manufacturer. Epic isn't competing against 2003 Steam it's competing against 2019 Steam. Why the hell should I as a customer want to go to a featureless platform that will cost me more money? Because Publisher X will get a bigger cut of the sale? #### that. I don't care what's in it for them.

True competition is good. Origin offering unconditional refunds and forcing other online stores to adopt refund policies is an example of good competition. Throwing up a game on your store for less money than what the other guy is selling it for is good competition. Buying a game's exclusivity is horrible for everyone. PC is about choice. Even publisher exclusives from EA, Activision and Ubisoft can be bought outside of their own store on authorized retailers.

Origin, Uplay, GOG, Discord, Twitch etc, etc, etc all had something to offer right out of the gates. And this 30% cut that everyone is so up in arms about is the exact same cut that both Sony and Microsoft take. Where is all the outrage? I'll say it again. These games were on multiple store fronts and online retailers and now they're only on one. But, sure, Steam is the monopoly.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post: