View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #708
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
It's about time some real competition for Steam comes about. The percentage they take from each purchase is criminal.
Except that it isn't competition. Two days ago you could buy the game off multiple sites and store fronts for various prices. Now you can only buy it off of one. And it's more expensive for most parts of the world. Actually, I'd argue it's more expensive for everyone considering you could buy it on a few store fronts for $45 USD. It's bull#### plain and simple.

I am no Steam loyalist. I have plenty of launchers and I buy from all kinds of retailers and store fronts. Epic is doing this entirely the wrong way. Compete against Steam with features and price. When Origin came into the market they offered full refunds, no questions asked. That forced Steam to implement a refund policy of their own.

The Epic Game Store offers absolutely nothing to the consumer. Their store has zero features compared to Steam and even at full MSRP it would cost me more to buy the game off Epic's store at $50 USD than it would to buy it on Steam for $65 CDN. Why would I want to pay more for less?

This is the worst store I have ever seen. Origin, Uplay, GOG, Twitch, Itch, Discord all had far better offerings straight out of the gate. Epic doesn't get a pass, especially with all that Fortnight money. Maybe if they spent that money developing a platform to truly compete against Steam they wouldn't have to moneyhat developers and would actually attract users.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote