View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #69
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
Geez, forget heavies, I remember trying to go on a hot day in an old 737-200 with -9 engines and we'd be using up over 9000' of runway (for you aviation junkies that understand that). I always compared the feeling to taking a chevette down a steep hill trying to bury the needle---everything shaking and rattling.

As much as I hate the airport authorities (and Toronto is the worst), YYC is a very good terminal overall compared to most that I spend time at all over North America.

Sorry to get slightly off topic, but hey Ryan....a couple questions if you don't mind.

How do route assignments work with you pilots anyway? Are you assigned specific routes for certain lengths of time? How far in advance do you know where you're flying? How many flight hours are you allowed in a 24 hour period....example if you're doing an afternoon flight from YYC to , you're flying it back home in the evening? What about the shorter flights of an hour or two here and there?

Questions I always think of while flying, but never think of/bother asking the pilot when leaving the plane.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote