View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #317
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Still think his interest is Saad. Under contract, around 27/28 years old. Not a lot different than Zucker, his last target around this time.

Also Chicago will be looking to shed cap and might be interested in moving that contract.
If the GM wants to give this roster a shot in the arm going down the stretch I think Saad or Kapanen are the best targets to help 13+23 get their #### in order and to be a part of the team going forward. That would be tier one. Tier two if they cant grab either would be Toffoli and Kreider.

And I sincerely hope they deal one of the UFA dmen. You've got to cover your own rear from an asset management standpoint because at least one is surely going to walk and end up elsewhere. Keeping both guys a couple more months just to give the defense depth/options and gamble on this season's team isn't worth that loss for nothing in return.

The kids are capable and can fill in the gaps I think way better than most will expect. Also part of me feels that the death of that second pairing will end up being addition by subtraction.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote