View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #278
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I'm just going through a DS9 rewatch and lamenting the lost potential of a show centered on Garak.

To me Garak, Dukat and Martok we're probably some of the best developed non main cast characters in TV.

Garak - was amazingly deep, and he played it well. There were a ton of layers to him, especially when they dove into his relationship with his father. I read an interview that he hated playing the mirror universe Garak who was a brutal thug.

Dukat - He was a really conflicted character, you wanted to hate him, but at times, you felt this incredible sympathy for him. He was pretty delusional about who he was. He saw himself as a hero who should have gotten credit for helping Bajor during the occupation. I never thought that Garak was Garak anymore after he was used by the Pah'Wraiths.

Martok - just awesome as a character. I loved the Worf wedding episode when he talked about his wife. I thought there was a bit of bad writing for him in the last episode that was out of character when he was drinking blood wine on cardassia and it made him look like a flat out war criminal.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: