View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #1812
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
new Chevelle album out today! Only gave it one spin yet, but sounds really good so far. Generally not a fan of those short interludes in between songs, but to each their own I guess

Went for a drive and listened to it twice. Thoughts:

1. VERUCKT: Solid intro
2. So long Mother Earth. Good jam strong 1st song
3. Mars Simula. Straight BANGER! Man this hooked me hard. What a fantastic heavy ripper. This might be the most complete truly heavy song in their repertoire.
4. Interlude: sleep the deep, I liked it but the transition into Self Destructor missed the mark by a bit.
5. Pre album release track: Self Destructor. Listened to it a bunch before the album release, I like it but IMO, weakest track on the album. Which is a good thing
6. Really nice change and a bit exploratory for Chevelle. Nothing really like it before from them. Liked it a lot.
7.Filler.. better interlude and led far better into the next track
8. Peaches: song 2 of pre album release listened to it a bunch, really really good
9. Interlude: meh, could live with it, could skip bit of nothing.
10. Endlessly: I love Chevelle Ballads. And this one's the best of em all. Love this song. So much. Evoked some emotion love the beat and the vocals were perfect.
11. Remember when: let's go all the way back to just before Chevelle got big. They had a track that hooked me from the get go called " Until you're reformed" this song is like a perfect sequel to that track in every way. Absolutely #1 favorite song on this album, by a long shot.
12. Ghost and Razor: probably my 3rd favorite track really really good vocals, synth, double recorded vocals, maybe the most complete Chevelle song that encompasses everything about them.
13. Outro: meh. Point recieved but meh.

This is easily their most complete effort yet. I've loved Chevelpe from day 1 and usually there some pretty big chunks you can live without in all their albums. Especially in their later releases. But this one is pretty rock solid all the way through even with all the side quest type Interludes et al.

I think their 2 pre release tracks were likely the worst of the bunch. And really they're great tracks so thats a good thing.

Made for a very loud, very happy headbanging drive.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post: