View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 12:24 PM   #2115
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I disagree with that. Their self driving "AI" isn't unique, and they've failed to deliver for years. I think you have it backwards, because their manufacturing advantages are what allows them to build cars for cheaper. The giga-press and one piece casting it allows for is a huge savings in costs. They also cost-reduce everything at the expense of convenience, which is why there are so few buttons. Buttons cost money. That being said, I don't think they have any advantage that is long lasting or won't be duplicated by competitors, which makes me wonder where the long term value is. And please don't say self driving....
I think it's inevitable at this point that Tesla gets bought out within the next 5-10 years. Elon is a trainwreck and is doing active damage to the brand, other automakers have caught up and surpassed Tesla in the EV space in many ways, and the company has appeared to hit a wall. No new cars in development, the truck appears to be vaporware, and self-driving isn't happening anytime soon. I just don't see how they survive independently once all of the big makers go all-in on EVs
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote