View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #1636
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Unfortunately, I don’t believe the quality is there with this product. I’ve gone through six (SIX!) Elite 2’s including the new Halo edition, and have had issues with all of them more or less out of the box. The issues have always been input registration-related, with either the face buttons and/or bumpers registering double inputs/no inputs, etc. Amazingly engineered, poorly manufactured. The person at EB that accepted my latest return on the Halo model (damn did that hurt) said they’ve had zillions of these things returned, and that they’re the reason EB stopped offering warranties on premium controllers.

Regarding batteries in controllers, I actually agree with Torque. I used to make fun of the battery thing but am kind of on board now for all of the reasons he mentioned. I have a AA battery charger plugged in a few feet from where I play, so if I’m in a match or something and get the low battery warning, I just swap in a new set and am off to the races. I’ve actually started to prefer it to the play and charge kits.

MS made that design decision based on feedback from users going in to the last 2 generations, according to them, so obviously there are more troglodytes out there like me who prefer the flexibility.
I have had one Elite Series 1 and one Elite Series 2 and the only issue I have had was some stick drift( which I fixed with deadzone settings) and a broken right bumper ( which was 100% my fault..as I dropped the bastard on tile flooring) on the first controller. The series 2 has been flawless and I use it for a couple hours a night 5 days a week, so knowing what you have dealt with I feel very fortunate.

Last edited by Since1984; 11-26-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote