View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 06:22 PM   #872
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
On a properly engineered EV they aren't really necessary. Teslas with several hundred thousand miles don't show a lot of degradation.
I think the testing on the Tesla’s show about 5% degradation every 100,000 miles. I saw a study where they drove it for 400,000 miles on a track and the range was 80 percent of what it started at (not sure if the rate was linear). That being said I think people will find that range is vastly overrated as they become more accustomed to EV’s. My EV has a listed range of 385 KM (but you can get a lot more range in city driving). The average person almost never needs that much range in a single day and if you have a level two charger you can get fully charged overnight.

The only time range is an issue is on long trips. But even then if you have the ability to plan it is not that big of a deal. This summer I did Orleans to Niagara Falls (about 600 KM) in about 8 hours, with a lunch and charging stop in Cobourg (this included navigating getting through Toronto in weekday rush hour traffic).
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote