Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 03:06 PM   #1215
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I'm about a week away from my 2 year with Shaw expiring. I've been looking online for a couple months now since I new it was coming. Finally I contacted Shaw hoping an agent could get me a better deal. I fully expected to "fight" them for it and not come out with anything.

I have Internet 600 + Total TV and one of those archaic phone land lines through Shaw. I was getting that for the price of the Internet 300 and TV bundle from the contract I signed two years ago. They bumped me up to 600 because of installation issues I was having (I got a bad modem and I complained about having to have no internet when I was supposed to be working from home... I was actually only on-call and the odds of getting a call where extremely slim).

I told them my contract is about to expire and I want to renew or upgrade. I didn't even ask for a deal, they outright offered me Fibre 1.5 Gig + Total TV and my archaic landline for less than what I was currently spending. I started the car.

Don't ask me how I got so lucky, because that has NEVER been my experience with Shaw or Telus. They must finally be putting more value on retentions.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: