View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 12:03 PM   #2661
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A little behind the curve here, but I received my 13 Pro Max yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts. Coming from an XS.

The ProMotion display is incredible. I was playing with both phones side by side and the new 120hz display makes the entire phone feel snappier, and the smoothness between app transitions is awesome. I really hope the iPhone 14 includes a high refresh rate screen outside of the Pro models.

The battery life is outrageous. Phone came out of the box with ~70% charge, and I had over 6 hours of screen on time and the battery was still over 20%. The battery life on my XS was so poor that my first purchase for the phone was the Apple battery case, which almost seemed necessary for my use case.

It’s gigantic and heavy. Honestly, the Max version might be a little much. I have huge hands, but didn’t notice the smaller XS being overly difficult to use or type on. The Pro Max is so heavy that one handed use is downright uncomfortable at times. I don’t watch Netflix or anything on my phone, so I’m thinking maybe next time I’ll get the smaller phone.

The notch is smaller apparently, but I don’t find it particularly noticeable. The extra space doesn’t appear very useful, so I can’t say the smaller notch is anything I’d rave about.

Overall really like the device. If some of the 14 rumours are true (fingerprint scanner, no notch) I might be back to get another next year, but this is a huge upgrade over my old phone.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote