View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 06:57 PM   #45
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I'm on the other side of the fence. I want the PS5 version to be unencumbered by having to stick to the legacy systems. Give me every damn thing the PS5 can do, and if you have to build it so different it can't play nice from one system to the next, then I'm ok cutting it loose.

Your point is very valid, but these games tend to feel _so_ similar that I'm happy to get aggressive with progress.

I'm about 10 games into my franchise and I'm having a great time. The poke check feels more like a poke check and less like a thing magnetically charged to tripping everybody, being in the lanes seems to matter a lot, the puck is active as hell... frankly going to a new engine this year had me ready for a brutal janky mess, so I'm super impressed.
My point isn’t to encumber a new version with supporting an old version, these are still fundamentally the same ‘platform’ but with hardware upgrades. The whole point of Smart Delivery on Xbox is you get the version appropriate for your hardware. If you buy a game that has an X1X and XSX version available, then you get the X1X version on X1X consoles and the XSX version on your XSX console. But it is the same SKU so you are buying the game once for your Xbox consoles. EA has made them separate SKUs; if you want to play on One X, that’s $79 please. Series X, that’s $89 please. Both? Buy both or get the ‘Ultimate’ edition or whatever they call it.

I have 2K’s PGA Tour game, physical copy. I put the disc into my One X and it installs the game. I put the disc into my Series X and it downloads the Series X version. Imagine you had to buy a new copy of [insert game here] because you upgraded from a GTX 10-series GPU to an RTX 20- or 30-series GPU.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote