View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #43
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
So I'm really impressed with the graphics on Series X, which are especially apparently on a 4K TV with good HDR handling.

What I'm annoyed with is EA charging for the Xbox Series X/S version and the Xbox One version separately. What the f-ck, EA, everyone else this generation made and sold one game and Smart Delivery downloaded the version for the appropriate console (except games where there isn't an Xbox One version available at all). Instead if you aren't so fortunate enough to have upgraded every console in your house to a Series X/S (I have a Series X and my other consoles are still One Xs) then you have to buy the game twice.

Thanks, dicks.
I'm on the other side of the fence. I want the PS5 version to be unencumbered by having to stick to the legacy systems. Give me every damn thing the PS5 can do, and if you have to build it so different it can't play nice from one system to the next, then I'm ok cutting it loose.

Your point is very valid, but these games tend to feel _so_ similar that I'm happy to get aggressive with progress.

I'm about 10 games into my franchise and I'm having a great time. The poke check feels more like a poke check and less like a thing magnetically charged to tripping everybody, being in the lanes seems to matter a lot, the puck is active as hell... frankly going to a new engine this year had me ready for a brutal janky mess, so I'm super impressed.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote