View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #45
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
I agree with Locke, I don't think that anyone believes that Monahan is an overall better player than Iginla was at the same age. It is very interesting to note all the stats about him and what he has accomplished already in his career. I think he is underrated. He is far from a defensive liability out there either, that is laughable. He plays against the top defenders and other #1 centers on a nightly basis. He isn't perfect.

I only own two jerseys and there is a reason his name is on one of them, I believe he brings a lot to this team and what they need next to Johnny Hockey. I don't think he is will be someone who will ever be flashy on the ice, he just plays hard, simple hockey and he is good at it. Let's keep it that way. As long as he stays healthy, he is on track for a marvelous season. I think Lindy helps Monahan be a bit more free and worry less about the defensive side of things. Love the line combinations so far.
Lindholm really fits well there.

His presence makes it harder for oppositions to cheat on Monahan and Johnny plus he provides some freedom as he can take draws as well.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: