View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #299
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
Except for the gold medal in curling.

One thing we seem to be forgetting is that there are other teams with at least almost as much talent as our teams, who are also trying really hard to win too. It's quite arrogant to not give the other side credit for pulling it off. It's disappointing to lose the gold, or not place, of course. But it's not like we're owed the medal or anything.
Well, I give zero credit for men's hockey, its a false tournament that had an arrangement taylor made for an unsatisfactory result. I would not be surprised by some kind of IOC/KHL collusion behind the scenes(in fact the IIHF was desperately pleading with the IOC to keep the Russians in). On the other events you mention I agree but its really no big deal, we will win next time.

The fact is that the COA and the country should be proud of how Canada did at these games and in particular the Canadian Freestyle skiing and snowboarding teams should be singled out for praise as they were dominant. We are a real powerhouse in these sports and it was not a "one of", there is something they are doing right that should be implemented across the board.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote