View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #54
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyfire89 View Post
You have a lot of lengthy, intelligent, nuanced posts about a variety of things on this site and then you come up with “headcase” for what is going on with Tkachuk? Weird. There is clearly something wrong, be it concussions, some serious complacency, his shenanigans not playing like they did before and a fatigue regarding those issues from the rest of the team/organization or some combination of those things...I don’t know what it is, but headcase? Probably not.
I think Tkachuk is a headcase. He let his limited success inflate his self image and he honestly believes he is the heart and soul of the team and everyone should follow him. The problem is he's an immature jerk who has zero impulse control and is very easily taken off his game. He talks a really big game, but never delivers when the chips are down. He expects everyone to back him up when he is writing checks no one else is willing to fund. I honestly think he expects everyone to fight the battles he builds up, even though they provide little value to the overall goals of the team. What's worse, Tkachuk think he's a master head game player and thinks he's getting under the opposition's skin with his antics, but in reality he has become a distraction to his team and has managed to get under his own skin and in his own head. Matthew Tkachuk's worst enemy is Matthew Tkachuk, which makes him a headcase.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote