View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:21 PM   #2480
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Jesus.

I literally just watched a long feature segment on Adam Fox on the NHL network. They compared him to Kevin Shattenkirk and had interview after interview where teammates and coaches were astonished by his level of playmaking ability. He pushed Harvard to one of their best seasons ever and they were in the Frozen Four because of his contributions.

Ok, so we're hedging bets because he's still in college? I mean, there's no other players we drafted that went to college who turned out to be good pros, right? Who could blame us for being skeptical?

The thing with being a pessimist is that, on average, you'll be right far more than you're wrong. The problem with being a pessimist is you'll fail to enjoy anything in life because you'll be waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a miserable existence.
You don't think an undersized d-man is a long shot? Jesus, It's not being a pessimist, it's realty.

Adam Fox doing well in college doesn't mean he's not a long shot prospect. Being undersized and a d-man makes him instantly a long shot prospect.

My point still remains Fox,Gillies and Ferland gets the phone hung up on the Flames, wouldn't you agree?
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post: