View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #413
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
I'm on team Wentz here, don't come to Chicago. We don't need to trade more for yet another bottom end QB to keep us at at 7 win team. I'd rather watch Foles bottom this team out and take another shot in the draft at a QB.
Sucks though because the team has a really good defense and that's half the equation. I feel the Bears are a good QB away from having a really good team as a Raiders fan I haven't seen even an average defense for almost two decades (in fact they are coming of the worst decade of defense ever for an organization) so having a really good defense isn't something you want to waste. I think they are right to look at all their options for improving at the position but I just don't see Wentz as being the answer. As I have said before they would be better off getting a guy like Mariota that's played in the playoffs and will be cheap over taking on the contract of Wentz who may have a higher ceiling than Mariota but his floor is worst QB in the league which is terrifying given the contract. Mariota is better than any QB they have had since Cutler and could be a solid bridge QB allowing the Bears to draft a QB and bring him along slowly.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: