View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #24
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Shut up Erick. You're the last person who should ever be making a demand like this. You're the king of ridiculous comments.

i don't see the claim as being ridiculous. WTF has Bennett done to garner such accolades and trust that he'll hang around? For crying out loud, every single year his results get worse. He's already a 4th line player and he's trending in the wrong direction. A contract decision is due after next season, and I think the Flames walk away from him. I sure as Christ wouldn't pony up the money its going to take to retain his rights. In two years he'll be 26. He'll likely be coming off a 1 year prove it contract. Do you think anyone will give a damn about his draft pedigree at that point? No. Bennett will be on the bubble to make a team and will have plenty of competition from subsequent draft classes. I mean, he's been surpassed by Mangipagne and Dube in Calgary! He's where Toby Reider is right now. He's got AHL future written all over him.
That just isn't true.

Its silly really because you have so much ammo at your disposal when it comes to how disappointing Bennett has been. Why push it to the limits with statements like out of the league in two years or AHL player.

He just isn't.

His production over his career has averaged a 7th forward on an average NHL team ... last time I checked NHL teams have 13 or 14 guys that play up front. The last three seasons where he's dipped he's forward 8.5, still a third line guy.

But over his five year career he's above average third line guy, which is not what you want from a 4th overall pick.

You make yourself a target by taking it too far.

When you work in some intangibles and other metrics that suggest he hasn't had the finish that usually comes with his chance generation metrics it makes the point even more so.

Just check yourself.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: