Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #124
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You know from a cool perspective, its extremely well made and well done. But I still have a preference to the original fight.

I mean first of all, Obi-Wan was old and out of practice, he probably hadn't fought in years. At the same time, Vader was kind of the same, he wasn't what he was when he fought Obi-Wan on the beaches. And he probably hadn't faced a full Jedi in years.

At the same time, one of the important things that came out of revenge of the sith, was that these two were like brothers, forces pushes and tossing around boxes probably wouldn't have worked.

There was something really elegant about the original movie duel, it was quick and it was efficient.

Just to add on, one of the best light saber fights was still Obi-Wan vs Maul in Rebels where they resisted over doing it and showed what true mastery of the force is.

This was one of the most awesome parts of Rebels.
These Jedi duels were so interesting. The Ahsoka v. Vader was pretty cool as well.

I don't know why Disney seems to be taking Star Wars away from any of the Jedi stuff.
Star Wars Resistance, Rogue One, Solo, etc. are all pretty good compared to episode VIII. But I'm finding it hard to be interested in them since they don't have any jedi or force-related story lines.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post: