View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #54
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

This thread reminds me of every interaction I've ever had with a "dog person". (I figure that is a nice, neutral, hyperbole free intro that should lead to some rational and sensical responses)

Usually goes

"hey cecil, getting lonely at your place still being single?"

"nah, maybe I'll just get a pet, who needs a g/f"

"you mean a dog?"

"No I prefere cats. Plus I'm in a condo so having a dog is a bit of a..."

(interupts) "WHY DO YOU HATE DOGS?"

"I don't hate dogs, I quite like dogs. I just prefer cats. you know, less work and responsibility, it just makes more sense for a guy..."

(interupts again) "pfft. Cat people. You can always tell because they hate dogs and just can't appreciate the fact that dogs are soooo much better. They love you way more you know."

"yeah that's nice, but a dog seems like more responsibility than i'm prepared to give right now"

"WHY DO YOU HATE DOGS?"

I'm not saying that Silver doesn't have any bias, but I see no reason why we can't have a discussion about the increase in dog attacks.

What's the reason? Do more people in the city have dogs than before? Is it the urbanization? Does a more rural population have less issues? Is it more irresponsible owners? Is it the breeds that people are choosing?

Or maybe it is just increased media focus? (you know how the liberal media twists things to suit their agenda! Damn dog haters)
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: