View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #301
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Another great show. I find his deep dive topics to be a perfect combination of hilarious and thought provoking. While he may lean left, I wish people wouldn't be so dismissive.
Heres the thing, even in his 'Deep Dive' topics he often takes a shallow perspective of things from a singular point of view.

Thats not to be critical because its often necessary from the perspective of his show, at the end of the day though I like that his topics are of genuine concern and well researched and that he will say what he thinks and stand by it. I have a lot of respect for that.

I dont alway agree with him, but I think the bigger point to a lot of his topics is largely just to bring an under-evaluated issue to light and generate more thought and discussion of those topics.

Unfortunately though he does have to tread that fine line between opinion, news and comedy but overall I think he does it exceptionally well.

On this particular topic though...come on Bob...suing HBO? Sending a strongly-worded letter to the Presidents of AT&T and HBO?

Who the #### do you think you are? This is like that dumb kid in Elementary School who cant take a joke so he kicks up a huge tantrum and just gets labeled as 'that whiny kid' until he graduates from College.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: